Software Sustainability Institute Advisory Board
The Advisory Board provides the Software Sustainability Institute with insight and guidance on future strategic direction, particularly with respect to policy. It comprises individuals with experience from many different fields who all share an interest in research software.
Advisory Board Chair - Prof. David Gavaghan
David Gavaghan leads the Computational Biology Group based primarily within the Department of Computer Science at the University of Oxford. His research is interdisciplinary and involves application of mathematical and computational techniques to problems in biomedicine, and in the associated basic sciences. A strong emphasis is placed on solving real-world problems and providing meaningful and practical help to scientific co-workers, and all of the work is therefore conducted in collaboration with internationally leading clinical and experimental groups, both within the UK and overseas.
Advisory Board Members
- Sheila Anderson, Director, Centre for e-Research, Kings College London
- Kevin Ashley, Director, Digital Curation Centre
- Prof. Mike Chantler, Head of TextureLab, Heriot Watt University
- Matthew Dovey, Programme Director - Digital Infrastructure, JISC
- Dan Emmerson, Portfolio Manager - Research infrastructure, EPSRC
- Prof. Neil Geddes, Director of e-Science, STFC
- Susan Morrell, Lead - Research Infrastructure, EPSRC
- Prof. Mark Plumbley, Director, Centre for Digital Music, Queen Mary University of London
David Snelling, Senior Research Fellow, Research Transformation and Innovation, Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe
Last updated: Wednesday 5 March 2014.