Discussion sessions are a fundamental part of the Collaborations Workshop and help people work on solving shared problems and learn about new ideas.
Before you take part in the discussion session, read these guidelines about how the session should run and what part you can play.
The following discussion topics focus on the grand challenges. The aim of these topics is to scope the problem space and suggest what needs to be done. When discussing these questions or linking to relevant materials, the #CW15strategy hashtag needs to be used.
- Should we consider Software Engineering as a discipline within interdisciplinary research?
- What are the best ways of communicating knowledge between disciplines in interdisciplinary research? What venues for presenting interdisciplinary research (journals, conferences, etc) exist?
- What would a good funding scheme for interdisciplinary research which uses software look like?
- How would we create a better forum to find collaborators in different disciplines?
- What is the purpose of a data management plan in helping to share data and results?
- What new ways would you like to see give you credit for interdisciplinary working?
- What new ways would you like to see give you credit for developing software?
- What are the management challenges in interdisciplinary research, how do we structure goals and rewards to involve the whole project
The following discussion topics focus on identifying "good…Continue Reading