Code For Thought: Qubits and Qugates
In this latest episode of Code For Thought, SSI Fellow Peter Schmidt meets with Oliver Brown from the Edinburgh Parallel Computer Centre (EPCC), where he leads a quantum applications group, to discuss Quantum Computing and try to look behind the hype around it.
For further information about the subject:
- Quantum Computation and Quantum Information, Textbook by Isaac Chuang and Michael Nielsen, ISBN: 978-1-107-00217-3.
- https://qiskit.org An open source toolkit and resource for Quantum Computing including tutorials, etc.
- https://learn.qiskit.org/course/ch-algorithms/quantum-fourier-transform Quantum Fourier Transform.
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_logic_gate Gates in Quantum Computing.
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transmission_gate "Classical" gates.
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phase_qubit Qubits and phases.
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No-cloning_theorem The no-cloning theorem.
- https://quantum-computing.ibm.com/composer/docs/iqx/guide/shors-algorithm An article on Shor's algorithm by IBM
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shor%27s_algorithm Summary of Shor's algorithm
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Variational_quantum_eigensolver Variational Eigensolver in quantum computing
- https://ai.googleblog.com/2022/06/quantum-advantage-in-learning-from.html Quantum advantage
- https://arxiv.org/abs/2111.05176 A paper on the subject
Thank you for listening and for your ongoing support. It means the world to us!
You can also support our efforts by leaving a rating or review.
Follow or contact us on:
- Email mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Patreon https://www.patreon.com/codeforthought
- Slack (ukrse.slack.com): @code4thought
- Mastadon: @email@example.com
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/pweschmidt/
This podcast is licensed under the Creative Commons Licence.