The UKRI is recruiting a Head of Theme for Data Science for the Medical Research Council.
Location: London or Swindon. UKRI is a hybrid working employer, staff are encouraged to work flexibly from home and other locations when and if necessary. Other locations may be available in the future.
Contract type: Open Ended
Closing Date: 30 January 2022
• Drive data science transformation of MRC research and innovation, in the context of UKRI and the broader landscapes, through providing leadership and direction for MRC/UKRI data science, identifying and implementing strategic priorities for digital research infrastructure, data science talent, and data science research (e.g. emerging analytical tools/technologies e.g. AI).
• Effectively engage, influence, and collaborate with a very broad network of stakeholders, especially across UKRI and government departments, to ensure MRC/UKRI data science priorities are realized and promoted, align and synergise with others as appropriate, and to influence agendas, policies, and outcomes of others within the landscapes in support of MRC and UKRI objectives.
• Ensure there are clear, realistic, timely and well communicated plans for developing and evolving key aspects of MRC’s data science theme, in the context of, and with key partners, especially across UKRI; and to lead implementation.
• Accountable for the financial resources allocated to the relevant data science MRC/UKRI programmes, research infrastructures and associated activities.
• Lead a team of high-performing professionals, and manage and prioritise operational resources across a matrix structure, to ensure effective and efficient delivery of key activities and projects.
• Making sure data science approaches are embedded in current and emerging MRC & UKRI initiatives and activities.
• Advise the MRC Executive Chair, Directors, Council on key issues to inform corporate decision making and organisational direction.
See the full job advert for more details about the role and to apply.