In this episode of the Code for Thought podcast SSI Communications Officer Jacalyn Laird speaks to Shoaib Sufi and Rachael Ainsworth from our Community team about their Event Organisation Guide and some upcoming SSI events.
The Event Organisation Guide brings together years of experience of the SSI in organising events. It covers different stages of the event organisation process from idea through feasibility, sign off, running your event project and closing down. The guide can be tailored to your needs, giving hints and tips on varied subjects such as venue, catering, budget, agenda, publicity and more.
- Read the Event Organisation Guide on Read the Docs.
- If you’d like to raise any issues, offer suggestions or get involved, you can use the GitHub project associated with the guide.
- Read how SSI Communications Manager Selina Aragon used the guide to plan the first Research Software Camp in this blog post and find out more about our upcoming Research Software Camp on supporting mental health in research.
- Read Shoaib’s blog post on Behind the scenes: SSI Event Organisation Guide which explores the how and why of the guide.
- Find out more about Collaborations Workshop 2023 (CW23).