The RDVW workshop report is available
The Research Data Visualisation Workshop will take place on July 28th, 2016 at the University of Manchester. If you create data visualisations and plan to visualise new data sets or would like to know about data visualisation toolings and uses then this is the workshop for you. We will bring together a small but focused group of people to show the state of the art in data visualisation practices and tools in different areas and provide help for you to create your own visualisations during the hands-on session.
The Software Sustainability Institute is running this event to explore Data Visualisation and help the workshop attendees not only to create visualisations but also to influence them regarding better practices on reproducibility and the improvement of tooling in this area.
Researchers from all disciplines interested in research data visualisation. Researchers with basic knowledge of programming (for example, those who attended any Software Carpentry or Data Carpentry workshops) will particularly benefit from the hands-on session.
We encourage people to attend in small groups, around five members, if possible or suitable.
Please register for the workshop at our Eventbrite page.
Agenda (July 28th 2016)
- 09:30 – 10:00 Arrival and coffee
- 10:00 – 10:05 Welcome
- 10:05 – 11:00 Keynote talk (Prof Jessie Kennedy)
- 11:00 – 11:30 Morning break with refreshments
- 11:30 – 11:50 Visualisation on Human Science with Dr Martin Chorley
- 11:50 – 12:10 Visualisation on Biology with Dr Christina Bergmann
- 12:10 – 12:30 Geo-visualisation with Dr Andy South
- 12:30 – 13:30 Lunch
- 13:30 – 14:30 Introduction to hands-on session:
- 14:30 – 16:30 Hands-on session
- 15:00 – 15:30 Afternoon refreshments
- 16:30 – 17:00 Wrap up
Steering and organising
A big thank you to our steering and organising groups who have guided the development of the workshop and contributed to its organisation.
Morning: IT407 at the Kilburn Building of the University of Manchester.
Afternoon: Collab1 at the Kilburn Building of the University of Manchester.
For directions, please visit this page.