Job advert: Front-end Engineer at Synthace
Synthace is looking to hire a talented and experienced front-end engineer to work on the UI to the Antha platform for life science R&D. Synthace offers a package including 25 days’ annual leave + public holidays, company share options, 10% of salary pension contribution, and income protection, life, and private medical insurances.
To apply, please follow the instructions at the Synthace careers page.
Named by the World Economic Forum as one of the world’s 30 Technology Pioneers 2016, Synthace is re-imagining how we work with biology, exponentially improving the speed and quality of the final results. This is made possible through our high level language and operating system for labs, Antha, which is already impacting how scientists work with biology in major companies like Dow, Merck and GSK.
- Contribute to the development of new AnthaOS apps aimed at users from a variety of job roles including biological scientists, data scientists and management.
- Contribute to the refinement and extension of our existing apps for devising and executing experimental workflows.
- Optimize speed and responsiveness of the apps and framework
Antha uses a web-based front-end in Google Polymer across both mobile and desktop platforms, handling back-end communications via websockets and RESTful services. Day-to-day, you’ll be working with a tight-knit, multidisciplinary development team on an exciting project with plenty of technical challenge to get your teeth into.
- Experience delivering complex single-page apps.
- Knowledge of all aspects of UI development.
- At least 2 years’ professional experience of front-end development in a team environment.
- Experience of agile development and a devotion to testing (TDD/BDD) as a means to ensure high quality code.
- Experience using Google Polymer
- Experience leading UI development
- Knowledge of data visualisation methods e.g. D3
- Computer science degree or equivalent experience
- Experience developing server-side JS e.g. Node.