Synthace is looking for engineers to expand their team of lab automation software developers, working at the interface of life science and engineering on the Antha project. Two positions are available, one at a senior level. The senior candidate is required to have experience with both software development and lab automation systems.
Apply via the Synthace careers page.
Named by the World Economic Forum as one of the world’s 30 Technology Pioneers 2016, Synthace is re-imagining how we work with biology, exponentially improving the speed and quality of the final results. This is made possible through our high-level language and operating system for labs, Antha, which is already impacting how scientists work with biology in major companies like Dow, Merck and GSK.
Working within a tight-knit, multidisciplinary development team on exciting projects with plenty of technical challenge to get your teeth into, you will:
- Develop drivers and output processing for various robots, incubators and sophisticated laboratory equipment
- Contribute to the implementation of the generic driver and data processing framework
- Develop new interfaces and representations for equipment not presently supported (senior position)
- Develop and maintain relationships with external parties such as equipment vendors and integration providers (senior position)
- Manage deadlines and priorities in a dynamic environment that blends software and wet-lab development
- BA/BS degree in computer science / electrical engineering or equivalent work experience
- Good programming and software engineering skills, preferably in C#, C/C++, or Go
- Excellence in both problem solving and reverse engineering solutions
In addition, you are committed to delivering high quality software to a tight schedule. Excellent communication skills are also a must in our fast-paced, multidisciplinary environment.
- Team management experience a significant plus but not essential (senior position)
- Experience with Lab Automation software (required for senior position)
- Experience with Lab Automation hardware
- Experience with device APIs / drivers
- Hardware experience / embedded systems experience